Special Event Alcohol Use Policy
Alcoholic beverages are sometimes served in conjunction with special events held at the library. This policy clarifies how and under what circumstances alcohol can be served:
- Permission to serve alcoholic beverages on library premises must be approved by the Board of Trustees at a board meeting prior to the event date.
- In seeking permission, the customer must include where the event will be held within the library. As such, alcohol may be sold and/or consumed as long as the service is provided by a licensed caterer or bar service.
- The applicant is responsible for all additional maintenance and personnel costs resulting from use of alcoholic beverages.
- Alcohol is not permitted at youth activity events or at public hearings, nor may alcohol be served to minors.
- No leftover beverages may be left on library premises.
Reviewed: 11/2015, 7/2019