The library has three exhibit areas for local art: a gallery on the third floor the Downtown Library, a gallery at Ladd Library, and display cases near the skywalk at the Downtown Library.
Any local artist may apply to display their work. In order to foster new talent, exhibitors are limited to once per calendar year.
- Any two-dimensional, low-relief media are acceptable, including drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, collage, paper/fiber/textile, and mixed media. Three-dimensional art will also be considered.
- Artworks must have been created within the last two years.
- Two-dimensional art must be framed and/or ready to hang with wire or other appropriate sturdy mounting materials. No saw-toothed hangars or temporary wall mounting tabs, please.
- Three-dimensional art must be sturdy and freestanding or ready to hang in accordance with two-dimensional art standards.
Please include the following with your application:
- A minimum of three and a maximum of six current, representational examples of your work in jpg format. Please include one detailed image. Jpgs may be submitted as email attachments or on a CD. We regret that CDs cannot be returned.
- A document with the following information for each art example: title, medium(s), dimensions, price (if applicable).
- A one-page narrative including biographical info and/or artist’s statement
- Any supplemental information (articles, website address, etc.) the committee may find useful.
Submit Your Application
Please fill out and submit the form below along with the information above to the library at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Cedar Rapids Public Library, Attn: Art on Exhibit, 450 5th Avenue SE, Cedar Rapids, 52401.