My partner and I just moved into a new house. With gardening season here, we're taking time this first summer to see what will come up in our yard, but we're also making plans for what we want to plant in the future. We decided we want to take a deliberate, planned approach to our landscaping, so I started looking for books that could get us started.
If you are also looking for a little bit of garden inspiration, here are a few garden design books available at the library. Scroll through the titles below and click on book covers to learn more about them and put them on hold in our catalog.
- "The Regenerative Garden: 80 Practical Projects for Creating a Self-Sustaining Garden Ecosystem" by Stephanie Rose
- "Wild About Weeds: Garden Design with Rebel Plants" by Jack Wallington
- "The Know Maintenance Perennial Garden" by Roy Diblik
- "New Wild Garden: Natural-Style Planting and Practicalities" by Ian Hodgson
- "Front Yard Gardens: Growing More Than Grass" by Liz Primeau
- "The Essential Garden Design Workbook" by Rosemary Alexander
- "Perennial Combinations: Stunning Combinations That Make Your Garden :ook Fantastic Right From the Start" by C. Colston Burrell
- "The Perennial Gardener's Design Primer" by Stephanie Cohen
- "Planting in a Post-Wild World: Designing Plant Communities for Resilient Landscapes" by Thomas Rainer
- "New Naturalism: Designing and Planting a Resilient, Ecologically Vibrant Home Garden" by Kelly D. Norris