SEND US A MESSAGE
450 5th Avenue SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
3750 Williams Blvd. SW
Cedar Rapids,IA 52404
Heading to the downtown library? We’ve got you covered!
Free non-metered parking is available for up to two hours in the south lot. This is enforced during library hours every day.
Library card holders receive up to two hours of free parking at any metered space in the 4th Avenue Parking Ramp, or any of the spaces around the library block or Greene Square. Here’s how it works!
There is a parking kiosk located inside the north vestibule of the downtown library for your convenience. You can also use your library card at any of the kiosks located around the park, around our block, or in the 4th Avenue Parkade. If you have trouble or questions, library staff will work to assist you. Or call PARK Cedar Rapids at 319.365.7275.
Your library card must be in good standing in order to take advantage of the free two-hours of parking. If you have any questions regarding your account, please talk to a staff member or give us a call at 319.261.READ.
- When you pull into a space, make note of your space number and the time limit. Blue signs indicate handicapped parking.
- You may need to wake up the machine. To do this, press any button on the keypad. The next screen will ask you to enter the space number that was listed on the signage by the parking space.
- You will then be given two options: 1) “Purchase ticket” or 2) “Add more time.” If you are initially purchasing time for your space, press 1. If you would like to add more time, press 2.
- The library will validate up to two hours of parking per visit. Select the appropriate coupon option with the desired length of time and enter your coupon code. Your coupon code is the last eight digits of your library card number. You can only use it once a day, no matter what length of time you choose, so please keep that in mind.
- If you’re using the coin payment option, just add coins until the desired time is reached. If you are using a credit or debit card, insert the card and remove quickly, then press (1) to add time or choose the maximum time allowed. Once the desired time has been reached, hit okay to finalize the transaction.
- If you would like a receipt for personal or business records, choose “OK.” If you do not need a receipt, choose “Cancel.” After you have chosen, your transaction will be complete.