The Volunteer Portal is a resource for current CRPL Volunteers.
Click on the links below for handouts from prior Treats & Training meetings.
- AmeriCorps VISTA Recruitment
- Vote for Summer Dare Everywhere volunteers for United Way Outstanding Volunteer Awards by Friday, April 7: https://www.uweci.org/get-involved/nonprofit/volunteer-recognition/volunteer-awards/vote4volunteers/
- VicTouch Training – see top of the right column of this webpage
- Interlibrary Loan website: http://www.crlibrary.org/library-services/ill-request-form/
- Library Card Drive Information
- Adopt-A-Shelf Job Description
- Adopt-A-Shelf Job Duties List & Training Information
- Holds Hunter Scavenger Hunt
- Media Maintenance Pop Quiz
- Summer Dare Tabloid
- Summer Volunteer Opportunities
- For scheduled or planned absences: email Jessica & Lindsey at email@example.com.
- For unscheduled absences/late arrivals: call the CRPL Absentee Line at 319-739-0495 and leave a message.
- This is especially important if it is an evening, weekend, or last minute absence!
- When calling to report an absence, please:
- State your name and that you are a volunteer.
- State your volunteer role, shift, and library location.
- Speak clearly and slowly – maybe repeat important information! We need to understand your message to relay it properly.
- If possible, please call before 8am Monday-Saturday and 12pm Sunday.
VicNet Log In
Use the library’s VicNet site to view or edit your schedule, update your contact information, see messages from the volunteer team, and view your service history. Click here for a training video.
VicTouch Training Tools
VicTouch is the library’s touchscreen volunteer sign-in system. It imports volunteer service hours directly into the library’s volunteer database. VicTouch stations are located at both the Downtown Library and Ladd Library. Here are some training resources for using VicTouch. If you have any questions, please contact Jessica or Lindsey.
2018 Volunteer Annual Report – An overview of the impact of volunteers at the library in 2018. Thank you for being an important part of our past achievements, a meaningful contributor to our present success, and an invaluable part of our future! We would not be the library we are today without the gifts of time and talent from our volunteers.
2017 Volunteer Annual Report – An overview of the impact of volunteers at the library in 2017. Learn more about the top five volunteer roles by hour in the past year including quotes from library staff on the impact these roles have on the success of the library. Also, see a timeline of volunteer program highlights from these past five years. Thank you for being an important part of our past achievements, a meaningful contributor to our present success, and an invaluable part of our future! We would not be the library we are today without the gifts of time and talent from our volunteers.
2016 Volunteer Annual Report – An overview of the impact of volunteers at the library in 2016. Check out how library volunteers launched new programs to support young Summer Dare readers, participated in the YA Job Coach program to both share their talents with the library and gain critical work-place skills, and assisted staff in hosting some of the library’s signature events through the Volunteer Corps. We are a better library thanks to our dedicated volunteers. While it is incredibly rewarding to be a nationally recognized library, we know it is the support of our local community that helps make these kinds of honors possible.
2015 Volunteer Annual Report – An overview of the impact of volunteers at the library in 2015. Read how library volunteers launched new programs for the community, helped the library better connect with Cedar Rapids citizens, and assisted staff in hosting some of the library’s signature events through the Volunteer Corps. We are a better library thanks to our dedicated volunteers.
2014 Volunteer Annual Report – An overview of the impact of volunteers at the library in 2014. Read quotes from our staff about the tremendous value of volunteers. See some of the volunteer highlights of the past year. Learn about new volunteer programs and partnerships. Be amazed by the statistics of your volunteer gifts in 2014!
2015 Volunteer Survey Report – In early 2015, a survey was sent to active volunteers to evaluate the program and the volunteer experience, and ways to improve both. This report reviews the results of the survey and outlines Action Items for staff to move forward with growing the program and enriching the volunteer experience. Our Action Items were a direct result of your comments. Thank you for helping us advance our program’s mission of developing exceptional volunteer opportunities to support and enrich the library through community engagement.