The Opportunity Center at Ladd Library is a collaboration between the Cedar Rapids Public Library, Kirkwood Community College, and United Way of East Central Iowa. Designed as an entry point for anyone who needs services, the Opportunity Center is a unique partnership in Cedar Rapids.
Do you need help with…
- job applications or resume building?
- choosing a career or continuing your education?
- finding resources to meet your child’s physical and mental health needs?
- applying for food assistance, family investment program, or child care assistance?
- healthcare navigation?
- managing your expenses?
- knowing if you qualify for energy assistance or other income-based support payments?
- transportation for work or school?
- feeding your family?
- advocating for your child?
We can help!
We are your connection to the support services and skills you need to learn, earn, and thrive. We offer classes, workshops, and individual support services in a variety of areas, including:
- Job Training and Placement
- Health Care Navigation
- Financial Counseling
- Social Services
- English as a Second Language Classes
- Entrepreneurial Training
- Parenting Classes
- and much more!
The Opportunity Center also has computers available for job searches, resume writing, applying for benefits, and more. Drop in anytime during our open hours or visit our Facebook page to explore our classes and workshops.
Monday, 9 am – 4 pm
Tuesday, 9 am – 5:30 pm
Wednesday, 9 am – 4 pm
Thursday, 9 am – 5:30 pm
Friday, 9 am – 1 pm
Evening and weekends by appointment.
Please note: Opportunity Center hours are subject to change.
Healthcare Navigation services provided by HACAP on Monday mornings by appointment between 9 am and Noon.
Financial counseling provided by HACAP available on most Mondays by appointment between 1 pm and 4 pm.
Tanager Care Coordination for Youth on Tuesdays between 1 pm and 4 pm.
HACAP Mobile Food Pantry visits the third Friday of each month at 1 pm.
Inquiries can be made by filling out the form below or calling 319.739.0456.
Thanks to our financial supporters:
City of Cedar Rapids
Kirkwood Community College
The Hall-Perrine Foundation
Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
East Central Regional Mental Health and Disability Services