The Metro Library Network is pleased to announce the successful launch of our new Integrated Library System or ILS. This system manages our collection of shared materials and resources and is how we are able to check items in and out to patrons. This is also the system patrons use to search for items in the catalog, place items on hold, and check accounts.
The new system has some wonderful functionalities that we are excited to share with you.
- Ease of use: this system is much more intuitive than our previous one. Search functions are easier to use and provide more results. Account information is easy to access and understand.
- Cloud-based: this system is cloud-based, which provides for increased accessibility to staff across our library system.
- New notices: our notices are easier to understand and provide additional information to patrons.
- Patrons can update their own account information, such as notification preference, address, phone number, etc.
- Patrons can set up a saved search which will send an email when the Library gets new materials based on patron interest.
You will notice a new look with many more options. Explore on your own and let us know if you need assistance. We are here to help.