The Metro Library Network, consisting of the Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha, and Marion public libraries, will migrate to a new library management system starting Friday, June 11, and ending Wednesday, June 16. This system is the tool we use to manage services such as issuing library cards, checking out materials, and placing holds.
During this time, you must either bring your library card with you to the Library to check out materials, use public computers, or pay for printing, OR know your library card number. We will not be able to look up your account using any other form of ID.
The MLN app will not be reliable during this time so patrons are encouraged to take a picture of your card number or notate it somewhere for use during the transition.
During the transition, you will be unable to do the following:
- Log into the library website and app to use your account
- Place or manage holds
- Find up-to-date information about availability of materials on the website or in our buildings. The catalog will be available but will not update during the transition. Browsing the shelves in person and checking out with your library card or number are your best option during this time.
You WILL be able to do the following:
- Check-out materials if you have your library card number
- Use OverDrive/Libby, Hoopla, and Kanopy
- Access online resources, although some may be inaccessible during the transition
- Use public computers if you have your library card number
- Print from public computers if you have your library card number.
Due dates for materials are being extended to accommodate this transition. Between now and June 11, please check your receipt or the “checkouts” tab in your account to confirm due dates.