If an item you are seeking is not available at any library in the Metro Network (Cedar Rapids, Hiawatha or Marion), we can often get it from another library through Interlibrary Loan.
The Cedar Rapids Public Library charges $3.00 for each interlibrary loan received from another library within the state and $5.00 for any out of state item. Many items are available for only our basic $3.00 charge, however the lending library may charge an additional $20.00 – $25.00 dollars. Please state the maximum you are willing to pay in the form below.
1) You must have a valid Cedar Rapids Public Library card to request interlibrary loans.
2) Please check the library catalog to be sure that the material is not owned by any Metro Library Network library.
3) We will process up to five requests per patron at one time. This includes requests that have already been submitted, but are not yet completed. Fill out a separate form for each item.
4) Please fill out all required fields, indicated by *. The more information you provide, the better our chances of finding your item.
5) Due dates for interlibrary loan materials are set by the lending library. To see if interlibrary loan materials are renewable, please call the library at (319) 261-7323.
6) Interlibrary loan materials are borrowed from other libraries. Please return them on time!