Board Meeting Agenda
July 5, 2018 Board of Trustees Meeting
4 pm, Conference Room, Downtown Library
Library Board Vice President – Matthew Wilding
A. Call to Order
B. Consent Agenda – Action
- Minutes: June 7, 2018
C. Action: Nominating Committee Slate of Officers Recommendation – Susan McDermott, Committee Chair
- Matthew Wilding (President); Jade Hart (Vice President)
D. Public Comments and Communications
E. Action: Resolution in thanks of Kaity Lindgren
F. Foundation Report – Charity Tyler
G. Friends of the Library Report – Libby Slappey
H. Service Spotlight: MLN Mobile – Hollie Trenary
I. Library Board Committee Reports
- Finance Committee – Randy Ramlo, Committee Chair
- Action: Purchase Order and Payment Approval – cost of subscription for circulation/cataloging software and services for the downtown and Ladd libraries. Payment in the amount of $136,882.71 to SIRSIDynix.
- Action: Janitorial Contract Amendment
- Personnel and Policy Committee – Susan McDermott, Committee Member
- Action: Approve Director’s two step increase of 5%
- Advocacy Committee – Jade Hart, Committee Chair
- From Awareness to Funding: Voter Perceptions and Support of Public Libraries in 2018
J. Library Director’s Report
K. Old Business
L. New Business
The next Board of Trustees meeting is set for Thursday, Aug. 2, 2018, at 4 pm in the Conference Room, Downtown Library.
Key Dates and Details:
July 4: Libraries closed in observance of Independence Day.
July 11: School’s Out! Random Acts of Kindness Crafts, 10 am, Downtown Library. Also July 12 at 11 am, Ladd Library.
July 14: Story Time with the Animals, 10 am, Old MacDonalds Farm, Bever Park.
July 23: Tom Pease, 1-2 pm, Ladd Library. Also at 3:30 pm and 6 pm; July 24, 9:30 am and 10:30 am, Downtown Library.
July 28: Summer Dare Celebration, 10 am-noon, Downtown Library and Greene Square.